NYC trip need help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madscientistbrewNq

Reaction score
So I habe a 7 year old and a 2 year old and want to swing through NYC to get some beer. Breweries on my radar but would prefer kid friendly establishments- threes, other half, interboro, finback, sand city, district 96, and transmitter. I can't hit them all up so any help would be appreciated.

I wouldn't call interboro kid friendly, but Greenpoint is, sort of, serves food - has tables. Sand city is not in the city, but if you want to make the trip it's worth it and the surrounding area is scenic. I hope that helps some.

So I habe a 7 year old and a 2 year old and want to swing through NYC to get some beer. Breweries on my radar but would prefer kid friendly establishments- threes, other half, interboro, finback, sand city, district 96, and transmitter. I can't hit them all up so any help would be appreciated.

I have been to other half. It’s amazing. But definitely not kid friendly.

Thanks for the input guys. We made the journey this am. I decided since other half was doing a can release (pleasant surprise because I actually didn't know ) I would avoid what appeared to be a crammed tap house at a 11 am. With cans in hand we went to threes. They were really nice and accomodating. No highchairs but a booster would work and they even helped store the stroller for us. We did brunch. The food is separate from the brewery. Food was decent and we were pleasantly surprised to see grimm, kcbc, hudson valley and suarez on tap with their beers. Place started to get hopping right around 1 when we were off to the Empire State Building with the kids.... well not before dad made a quick stop to snag some cans from interboro. I will admit of the three.... threes was the most family friendly spot and was glad I only brought them into threes. Sand city's tap room was closed from what I could see from Facebook so we chose to skip the trip although will add it on our next trip as I want to hit hudson valley up again and visit district 96 and hudson valley brewery. We went through a few weeks back and equilibrium was a great stop to scoop some cans but the tap room situation was complicated so we went to a place called rushing duck which was a diamond in the rough. Probably could of hit magnify coming out of NYC today but we visited them a few weeks back... anyway I just figured I'd share and thank the group for the input. If anyone ever needs insight of eastern PA or Richmond, VA, I can offer some guidance. I'm a bit spoiled when it comes to ipas these days given my work trips to richmond....

I would have given LIC a look but i have been fortunate to try some of their beers down in DC at the churchkey.

Back