NOW it's time to make a change ?!?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjung

Reaction score
Kevin Gregg, Cubs "closer"(and I use the term VERY loosely !) blew his SIXTH save of the season, and his 12th homer, leading the league for relievers, and NOW Lou Piniella decides it's time to make a change ???

:mad::mad::mad:

Yeah, I've been so sick of the cubs this season. It seems like even when 1/2 our lineup isn't injured, we've got someone like Gregg blowing it. Marmol hasn't done a whole lot better this year either though.

That's the sad part.. I'm used to it, but after the last two "great" years, I don't want to be used to it. Getting swept by the dodgers last year was humiliating enough...now we have to get beat on by the cardinals again? Not to mention getting tough competition from the padres right now... how bad is that?

The injuries, I can accept. That kind of thing happens through out a season. The pi$$-poor pitching this season, though, is inexcusable ! WHY would they even sign Gregg, when he led the majors in blown saves last year ???

The injuries, I can accept. That kind of thing happens through out a season. The pi$$-poor pitching this season, though, is inexcusable ! WHY would they even sign Gregg, when he led the majors in blown saves last year ???

I made several bets and am going to win them based on the Cubs starting rotation. I be dempster wouldn't get 12 wins this season. Looks like he might not get 9. Gregg was a terrible pickup, but so was Bradley and Fukudome. Having zero depth on the bench, a crappy bullpen and a pitching rotation of a 1b starter, 2b and 3 #4 starters can only be chalked Hendry's fault.

I played a round of golf with some friends this weekend and after one of them shanked his ball into the woods, I tossed him a spare... It was a CUBS ball! Glad to finally get rid of it.

as a consolation prize for being cubs fans. i will point you in the direction of your american league counterpart. the cleveland indiands traded back to back cy young winners away the past two year.... ****!!!!! :mad:

i also think shapiro will off load our 10 million dollar closer for cheap... lmao!

as a consolation prize for being cubs fans. i will point you in the direction of your american league counterpart. the cleveland indiands traded back to back cy young winners away the past two year.... ****!!!!! :mad:

i also think shapiro will off load our 10 million dollar closer for cheap... lmao!

I haven't been paying that much attention to the A.L. this year, even though SWMBO is a White Sox fan. How's Kerry Wood doing as the Indian's closer ?

bwahahaha... i think cleveland would send him back to you guys and pay his salary. he sucks, but to be fair, he's not had much opportunity to save anything...

Latest posts

Back