Now it's amusing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steveruch

Reaction score
Why is it that crap that annoyed the hell out of you as a parent is amusing to you as a grandparent?

A couple of days ago we laughingly watched our two year old grandson take a mud bath, on the first dry day after a bunch of rain, just outside our window.

Agree with all of the above, and I have learned to not really give a chit anymore and just have fun. The Grandkids sure enjoy it too!

I like my kids, but I adore my grandkids. I pretty much tolerate my daughter so I can spent time with her sons.
I'm madly in love with my grandsons. They love sleeping over, getting off the bus at our house, hanging out with us, and we love doing everything with them. It's definitely a special kind of relationship.

We don't have kids, hence no grandkids. But I'm close to nieces and nephews and have a 2-year-old grand nephew in San Diego.

One of my nephews graduated from college last year and moved to the Twin Cities last October to start a new job. His dad (my brother) is only 4 hours away, but he is out of the picture and doesn't visit him, so we've taken our nephew under our wings. He's a beer geek and wants to learn homebrewing, so I'll have him up the week after Easter to help with a 10 gallon batch of IPA. I'll let him keep half, and he being a typical 23-year-old will probably go through that in a month. :)

We don't have kids, hence no grandkids. But I'm close to nieces and nephews and have a 2-year-old grand nephew in San Diego.

One of my nephews graduated from college last year and moved to the Twin Cities last October to start a new job. His dad (my brother) is only 4 hours away, but he is out of the picture and doesn't visit him, so we've taken our nephew under our wings. He's a beer geek and wants to learn homebrewing, so I'll have him up the week after Easter to help with a 10 gallon batch of IPA. I'll let him keep half, and he being a typical 23-year-old will probably go through that in a month. :)
That long?

No kids, no grandchildren... But misbehaving kids annoy the crap out of me. I stay as far away as possible. Especially the high pitched squeal of little girls...... It hurt my ears!!!

This morning we watched our son and daughter-in-law 's roommate stand at the school bus stop with her kid and our two oldest grandkids waiting for a bus that was over 20 minutes late. :)

misbehaving kids annoy the crap out of me. I stay as far away as possible. Especially the high pitched squeal of little girls...... It hurt my ears!!!

I got lucky and had all boys. My first grandchild is a girl and can definitely sympathise with the screaming girl situation, makes me glad for the luck of all boys. Gives me flashbacks to my teen years spent in a house with 5 girls. Wouldn't trade for her anything but I still have the fingers crossed for boys. During Sunday dinner every week she always has something to squeal about but I can live with that at least she doesn't live all the way across the country.

Back