Nothing but foam....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wfu1bunn

Reaction score
My kegerator is dispensing mostly foam. My beer lines are 4ft long and the temp in the kegerator is around 30 degrees. For some reason, I cannot get the temp up. Could it be that the change in temperature from the keg to the faucet is too much therefore creating foam? Any advice would be much appreciated.

If beer lines start cold and get warm in the tower, yes, they will foam badly. Another thing I see is my beer lines used to be 1/4" at 6', and for my first couple pours, I had 1/2 beer and 1/2 foam. I replaced those lines with 3/16", and 9' long, and my pours are just right now.

Beer line length and inside diameter is important to foam issues. There needs to be proper resistance to keep the CO2 in solution of the beer. Usually a 10 foot length of 3/16th I.D. will provide a proper pour. 30 degrees seems a bit cold too. 38 degrees is optimal beer serving temp.

Back