Not sure what I am doing wrong!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

BrewingRugger

Reaction score
I started kegging earlier this year and I have never had this problem. I just kegged a beer today, i gave it a test. My regulator showes that I am at a 8psi and I am only getting a trickle out of my faucet. I have checked my liquid dip tube and it is clear but my beer is not flowing. Any suggestion?

Hammy71

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
You sure you haven't run out of gas? Try releasing the pressure on the keg and see if it fills up. If you have more than one keg hooked up, make sure that one is isolated first. You don't want the pressure from the other kegs rushing to that one.

52pickup

Reaction score
Make sure there is nothing plugging up the poppet valve on the QD, too.

MrFoodScientist

Reaction score
Check your gauge to see if it's gone off calibration. Disconnect your regulater and release all your pressure. If your gauge doesn't drop back to 0, then you're gauge is off calibration.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I've had the back of my small fridge freeze the beer in the line, so I have to turn the QD for liquid away from the back. At least until I place a fan inside to circulate the cold whenever the compressor kicks on...

Also, how much beer line do you use?

JuanMoore

Getting the banned back together
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a couple of diptubes that are on the long side, and can sometimes get turned so that the bottom is too close to the bottom of the keg.

OP
B

BrewingRugger

Reaction score
Just to let you all know I just had my post on too tight. Just loosen it up a little and beer is flowing well!! Thanks for the advise.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe the poppet got jammed or something. Sounds kind of like the wrong type of poppet. I've had them stick DOWN before, but it can't hardly be too tight if it's the right one.