Not So Fast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksbrain

Reaction score
Turns out kegging is not quite as quick as I had thought. I normally keg my previous two batches while brewing the next two. It fills the down time of a brew day quite nicely. In six hours or less I've kegged two and cooked two.

This past weekend I had to keg my last batches but didn't have time to brew another pair. It ended up taking over two hours. One of the kegs I was using was new to me, and so I had to recondition it before I could fill it. But on a brew day that would have not been a problem - I would have still been able to get it done within the brewing timeframe.

I guess if both kegs were clean and just needed to be sanitized and filled, it would have been a lot quicker. But I just hadn't realized how much of a favor I have been doing myself by combining kegging day with brew day. There's a lot of shared overhead between the two operations, such as set up and clean up.

I for one will never cry about how long it takes to keg some brew. I bottled for a few years,and nothing could be faster than a keg filling up.

ksbrain I can help you with your kegging troubles. Send me your kegs and I will send you 2 cases of empties! No more keg worries

No doubt it's still quicker than bottling, but I was just surprised it took way more than the "fifteen minutes" I tend to think it does.

who doesnt like to play with thier equipment. :tank:

Yep sitting here sick I am still thinking about brewing a batch. Got the grain just need the hops. hmmm lets hope wife doesn't look at account for a couple of days.:D

Latest posts

Back