Not a label, but a tap handle graphic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evandam

Reaction score
This is my first cut at a tap handle label for my APA in primary. I plane laminating it then mounting it on a white handle that I'm gonna make myself and covering it with some kinda clear coat to make it permanent (any suggestions here on what to use?) It will be 3x3. I'm not a graphics kinda guy but I think it is ok for a first effort. Any suggestions.

3Wise.jpg

I plan on having the handle built tonight, I will try and get a picture of the final product out here.

If you use a laser printer so it won't bleed or run, don't laminate, you can coat it with table top epoxy (same stuff used to make bar tops and table tops) It is crystal clear and will permenantly seal it and adhere it to the tap handle. It takes some practice to get used to working with the stuff so you don't get drips and runs, but it produces a "factory finish"

McSwiggin' said:
If you use a laser printer so it won't bleed or run, don't laminate, you can coat it with table top epoxy (same stuff used to make bar tops and table tops) It is crystal clear and will permenantly seal it and adhere it to the tap handle. It takes some practice to get used to working with the stuff so you don't get drips and runs, but it produces a "factory finish"
Somehow...I loose posts...Is someone Punking me and deleting them?

+1 on the plastic stuff...Craft stores sell a product called DecoPage . I know the spelling is bad...but it's the stuff you'll need.

OK here is the somewhat finished product. I don't have any threads in it yet, and I will probably stain it. It is a one inch oak dowel with a 1x3x3 (approximately) piece of oak on top. I use a router to cut a notch for the square to sit on and to give me somewhere to glue it. Decided to go with laminated label that is just attached with masking tape. If I find one I really really like I may try the table top covering stuff.

The good news is that I bought all the material to make 5 for <20 bucks at HD.

Tap.jpg

Tap2.jpg

Back