Not 1 bee, but 2!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slurms

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Finally getting to brew after a while and moving. Since it's a gorgeous day out in South Jersey, figured I'll brew outside. Aww a few bees flying around out here and though, huh, hope they don't go into the beer (not thinking they actually will). Well, not only one, but two ended up in there at some point, died from the heat. Maybe the beer will have an extra zip from them, who knows.

Who else had some interesting things fly/fall into their beer while brewing it up?

Got chased by wasps and yellow jackets a time or two as well
That's gotta be a bummer if the timer is going off for a hop addition or something haha

I’m in South Jersey, too.
Nice, where abouts? I was in Philly the past year, but moved over the river just a month ago. Let me tell you, it was tough brewing in the back patio of one of those town houses in the city! Not much room back there.

Name that beer Beerbrau. I once had a red nut fall from my latter tun into the boil kettle. Had to turn off the burner and fish it out. It was a red ale so I named it Red Nut Ale. A friend who was the brew master at a near by craft brewery ask to copy the recipe so I allowed him to do so. It's called Lincoln Red now available around the Chicage area brewed by Hennepin Brewing Co.

Nice, where abouts? I was in Philly the past year, but moved over the river just a month ago. Let me tell you, it was tough brewing in the back patio of one of those town houses in the city! Not much room back there.
Me? I’m in Camden County.

Hopefully you have more brewing room now.

The Yellow jackets are just plain nasty

Back