Nostalgia Electrics KRS-2150 modification

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stooges56

Reaction score
I recently picked up a second hand Nostalgia Electrics KRS-2150 kegerator. Before actually measuring the tap tower diameter I went ahead and purchased a double tap. I now see that the double tap diameter is larger than the pre-existing tap. Does anyone have experience with these kegerators and would possibly know if there are refrigerant lines running along the top? I don't think that there are but I would just like to make sure before I go cutting a hole into it. Thanks for any help!

I recently picked up a second hand Nostalgia Electrics KRS-2150 kegerator. Before actually measuring the tap tower diameter I went ahead and purchased a double tap. I now see that the double tap diameter is larger than the pre-existing tap. Does anyone have experience with these kegerators and would possibly know if there are refrigerant lines running along the top? I don't think that there are but I would just like to make sure before I go cutting a hole into it. Thanks for any help!

Look up the corn starch and vodka test. It's not a 100% surefire way to tell, but it certainly can help. You basically rub a mixture of corn starch and vodka over the top, then let the fridge run a good cycle on the compressor. The theory behind the test is that it'll dry in certain areas (where the coolant lines are) and stay wet in other areas (where there are no lines).

I tried that last night but didn't find it too helpful. I couldn't tell if I put it on too thick in some areas and couldn't really tell what was really dry and what was wet.

Back