Nosferatu Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larkinnm1

Reaction score
It's that time of year again!! Great Lakes will be releasing Nosferatu Imperial Red Ale soon so I decided to clone it since it is my favorite beer of theirs. Website says it had 2 row, special roast, and crystal 77 for grain. Hops are simcoe and cascade. Looked for a clone for a while and didn't really find much of one so I figured I would post what I brewed for others to try!

5 Gal Batch

14lbs 2 row
1lb Crystal 60
1lb Special Roast

.5 oz simcoe 60min
1 oz simcoe 30 min
1 oz simcoe 10 min
1 oz cascade 10 min
1 oz cascade 5 min

Recovered White labs California Ale yeast WLP001 with starter

OG- 1.075
FG- 1.014

Calculated IBUs and ABV are right on target with the actual beer so I hope it comes out well. Could have ordered some Crystal 77 online but decided to go with my lhbs 60L. Decided not to dry hop but maybe I will rack some into one of my 1 gal carboys to try it out, who knows. Plan to brew tomorrow so I will update this thread later. Cheers:mug:

Update

Hit my target gravity and my fermentation is really taking off. Color doesn't look as red as I would have liked. Maybe add some carared or roasted barley late in the mash. Will update once bottled

It's that time of year again!! Great Lakes will be releasing Nosferatu Imperial Red Ale soon so I decided to clone it since it is my favorite beer of theirs. Website says it had 2 row, special roast, and crystal 77 for grain. Hops are simcoe and cascade. Looked for a clone for a while and didn't really find much of one so I figured I would post what I brewed for others to try!

5 Gal Batch

14lbs 2 row

1lb Crystal 60

1lb Special Roast

.5 oz simcoe 60min

1 oz simcoe 30 min

1 oz simcoe 10 min

1 oz cascade 10 min

1 oz cascade 5 min

Recovered White labs California Ale yeast WLP001 with starter

OG- 1.075

FG- 1.014

Calculated IBUs and ABV are right on target with the actual beer so I hope it comes out well. Could have ordered some Crystal 77 online but decided to go with my lhbs 60L. Decided not to dry hop but maybe I will rack some into one of my 1 gal carboys to try it out, who knows. Plan to brew tomorrow so I will update this thread later. Cheers:mug:

I just finished drinking the last of my 4 pack. Would love to know how yours turns out! I would like to brew this one soon....View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1441147957.616819.jpg

Here it be. Color isn't as red as I would like. Ended at 1.018 so my abv missed a little and there is more body than in the glbc version. Hop profile tastes pretty damn close, so maybe next time use a higher attenuation yeast and get better color!

View attachment 1444001950502.jpg

Latest posts

Back