Northern Brewer Breakfast Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just put mine into secondary.....it came out at 2%abv it has good flavor but there isnt much fermentable sugar in it.

My OG was 1031
My FG was 1017

I will make it a couple times a year just to have on hand plus its cheap to make

i just put mine into secondary.....it came out at 2%abv it has good flavor but there isnt much fermentable sugar in it.

My OG was 1031
My FG was 1017

I will make it a couple times a year just to have on hand plus its cheap to make

Hmmm...seems a little light to me. How's the body on it? I'm guessing I might have to go with something a little heavier or add a little extra DME. I'm looking for a good winter brew.

Brewed it this fall, just wrapping up drinking it now. My OG AND FG was very similar to cheesecake's. The taste was great but the body was pretty weak. It almost came out more dark ale than stout for me. If I was to do it again I would add DME.

Back