I brew 1.25 gallon batches, 2 gallons into the fermonster. My wife is a travel nurse and I need a setup that's portable. I had to scale down the hops and took educated guesses based on other NEIPA's I've brewed. This wasn't a burn I was gettin, it was a green-ness. It did mellow, but it was still there. Here is my hopping schedule:That's the Beer & Brewing mag from a couple months ago, the recipe is a banger and the original beer is fantastic. This was the base for my last beer, too! Will def be using this recipe again.
How was the hop burn on this? The recipe calls for 2oz Galaxy mid-fermentation, which kind of ruined my beer for a few weeks until it mellowed out. Is that the "green" you're referring to?
- 1/2oz. Mosaic LupoMax @ 5min
- 1.25oz. Citra LupoMax 30min whirlpool
- 3/4oz. Citra 30min whirlpool
- 1.25oz. Citra dry hop on Day 2 of fermentation
- 3/4oz. Galaxy dry hop on Day 2 of fermentation
- 2.5oz. Citra dry hop after soft crash
- 1.75oz. Citra LupoMax dry hop after soft crash
- 3/4oz. Mosaic LupoMax dry hop after soft crash
- 1/2oz. Galaxy dry hop after soft crash