Northeast Ohio Bulk Grain Order

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiobrewman

Reaction score
Hi all,

We have a Mid Country Malt Pallet Bulk Buy going on in Akron,Ohio.
Are up to 14 Bags so far, Looking to fill 42 Bag Pallet. I have the Price list.

Shipping Split between all Party's:
$85.00 Pallet fee to Ohio
20% Fuel Surcharge on Pallet = $17.00
Hazardous Waste Fee $15.00
$25.00 Lift Gate Fee
2 Sack/Bag Minimum

By then I will figure out where we will get it Delivered too.
I have a Business Paypal account so be prepared to make this your Payment Method. When we get the Pallet full we will figure all cost's and Pre-Pay for our Order. Then we will get the Date and Time when we can pick up our Grain.

So for Price List Email me over at, Include Homebrewtalk ID:
[email protected]

Also using Google Spreadsheet for Calculations for what Shipping and everything is.
We will use Homebrewtalk user-names to keep track :)
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tvphrtAON4ZEHGo1s9yFELg&authkey=CMjqg3U#

Shawn :mug:

Hi all,

We have a Mid Country Malt Pallet Bulk Buy going on in Akron,Ohio.
Are up to 14 Bags so far, Looking to fill 42 Bag Pallet. I have the Price list.

Shipping Split between all Party's:
$85.00 Pallet fee to Ohio
20% Fuel Surcharge on Pallet = $17.00
$25.00 Lift Gate Fee

By then I will figure out where we will get it Delivered too.
I have a Business Paypal account so be prepared to make this your Payment Method. When we get the Pallet full we will figure all cost's and Pre-Pay for our Order. Then we will get the Date and Time when we can pick up our Grain.

If interested in getting in on the Buy, Please email me and we will get this setup.
Shawn :mug:

You would do well to take your email off the page and get PM's. Unless you like even MORE spam. :D

A small LHBS here has talked about doing this but volume is a problem. I tried to call him to see if he wanted to 'combine'. Seems he took the day off due to weather though.

A small LHBS here has talked about doing this but volume is a problem. I tried to call him to see if he wanted to 'combine'. Seems he took the day off due to weather though.

It's going to take a few days probably to get this together anyways.
I get my Tax Refund Back on Friday and would like to be able to Order by Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.

All depends on how this goes.
If I can't fill the Pallet I may have to hold off a Month or two.

I'm in for a couple bags if anyone else from Columbus chimes in and will willing to pick up :D

If we can fill the pallet i'm going to drive up there and I will put as much in my car as I can and bring it back. I am in Newark which is about 30-40min from Columbus. I'm sure we can work SOMETHING out :)

Lets fill this thing and get brewin'!

If we can fill the pallet i'm going to drive up there and I will put as much in my car as I can and bring it back. I am in Newark which is about 30-40min from Columbus. I'm sure we can work SOMETHING out :)

Lets fill this thing and get brewin'!
I'm actually an hour from cbus but figured that was close enough to meet someone. Newark is about an hour and a half from me. But depending on price I may still be up for it. I'm thinking a bag of 2 row and a bag of Vienna perhaps. Put me down for 2 bags for filling the order, but it will depend on price.

It'd have to be $39 or less for me to break even on 2 bags with the local shop after the extra drive at $3/G gas. So if it's under $40 bucks/ bag count me in for 2.

That's 16 Bags so Far....

Best Maltz Vienna is $34.65 #55
Candian Maltings 2-Row is $26.95 #55

Plus how we figure the piece of shipping and fees when we get it filled up.
Won't be a whole lot more on a full Pallet. going to save a bunch of cash when we hit that 2K mark.

We still need 26 to fill the Pallet. :)

It's going to take a few days probably to get this together anyways.
I get my Tax Refund Back on Friday and would like to be able to Order by Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.

All depends on how this goes.
If I can't fill the Pallet I may have to hold off a Month or two.

I think you would get your best participation by waiting a week or so. Let the word spread a little. You go from less than a week to a month or two?

I think you would get your best participation by waiting a week or so. Let the word spread a little. You go from less than a week to a month or two?

Yeah.. But I may not have the money in a Week.
Need to Get Er' Done :)

I'd be interested in a bag of 2 Row and a bag of vienna for sure. I'd also split a bag of munich if anyone else is interested.

Keep me posted.

Cause I'm not pissing off MCM....
I'd like to keep my account with them.

I guess I don't understand why that would piss them off? You're trying to get us to buy grain, we'd probably like to be able to look at the prices. Every other bulk grain thread around here I've seen has grain prices posted. Could you pm it to me then? Thanks

I guess I don't understand why that would piss them off? You're trying to get us to buy grain, we'd probably like to be able to look at the prices. Every other bulk grain thread around here I've seen has grain prices posted. Could you pm it to me then? Thanks

If you read the first page.. I say to PM me...
Reason, I give you email, You email me, I send you price list.
Everyone else has gotten that point and realized it.

Your PM box is full.

I'm out in Canfield off of 224,

how do prices look on 2-row, marris, and belgian pilsner if they carry it?

PM me back.

I might be interested in a couple of sacks. Depends on a lot of things though.

Sorry everybody... Got busy over here.

We need to get this Pallet to 42 Bags to get them to Place the Order. That's why I keep saying 42. I am a Free Member so the Inbox thing isn't going to work.
I really don't want to blow $25.00 right now...lol

Also going to update here and the Main Post with Email Addy.
On thread we will try to keep track of where we are Bag wise and then we can go from there.

So for Price List Email me over at:
[email protected]

Sorry everybody... Got busy over here.

We need to get this Pallet to 42 Bags to get them to Place the Order. That's why I keep saying 42. I am a Free Member so the Inbox thing isn't going to work.
I really don't want to blow $25.00 right now...lol

Also going to update here and the Main Post with Email Addy.
On thread we will try to keep track of where we are Bag wise and then we can go from there.

So for Price List Email me over at:
[email protected]

2 questions:

What's the bag count up to?
How long are you going to keep this open?

Thanks-definately interested in 4 maybe 5 sacks.

-df

2 questions:

What's the bag count up to?
How long are you going to keep this open?

Thanks-definately interested in 4 maybe 5 sacks.

-df

If we can get this together now, I would like to get this order in by Wednesday.
4-5 would be great, That would put us closer to the 42 goal.

We were at 21, 4-5 would put us at 25-26.

We have a few not sure if there going in or not.
So we will need to fugure out positive sure's,
Then when we get to the 42 I will collect money and Order and figure out if I can get it delivered here or a Business.

Back