Noobie here - What's this illness called?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ganu

Reaction score
Over the years I've found that some of my hobbies secretly held hidden illnesses and sicknesses that ALWAYS had the potential to have "adverse affects" on me. For instance, for RC airplanes we had AIDS (Airplane Induced Divorce Syndrome) and for music we had GAS (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome... I often STILL get GAS).

So what's it called when you start brewing and just can't help to open the pantry and check on your brew? I've checked on my bucket probably 3 or 4 times this morning. I don't know what I expect to find? It's not like some troll is gonna come around and snatch it out from under me. Probably just eager to crack the seal and get to where I can have that first bottle.

So what do you call this mess? I KNOW that you guys have a name for it!!!

AA = Anonymous Alcoholics (It's not a disease until you admit theres a problem)

not to be confused with AA = Alcoholics Anonymous

I thought that there might be some kinda play on words like the AIDS and GAS thing (mentioned earlier). Something like WOBBLES (Win-O and Beer Brewers Laborious Entertainment Syndrome).

Ok, that's probably a mouthful.

Ha, so the seasoned vets are likely the one's who have ADHD, and anyone addicted to brewing just simply has the FARTS?

I think you guys may be onto something.

Does it really matter what its called? You don't have it until you start sniffing the airlock. :D

I love the smell of a bubbling airlock after about 3 days, Mmmm mmmm good. Makes me want to go brew another batch. I have ASS (Airlock Sniffing Syndrome)

Quite a few good 'uns. Not quite an "enthusiast" (still on batch #1) but HERPES certainly sounds like me!!! 100%!!! I done caught the Herp. What'll the missus say?

Quite a few good 'uns. Not quite an "enthusiast" (still on batch #1) but HERPES certainly sounds like me!!! 100%!!! I done caught the Herp. What'll the missus say?

Just try giving it to her without telling her

Back