Noob to Mead, an aeration question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clayof2day

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm new to the whole mead thing and just started a 1 gallon batch (I have 2 1 gallon jugs laying around and I figured it would be easier to forget about for 6 months than 5 gallons of the stuff). A lot of the stuff I've read/heard talks about re-aerating after lag phase is over and once fermentation picks up along with a second nutrient addition. Well I'm done with lag phase (its not a raging ferment by any means, what should expect from the mead compared to my ales?) and I want to re-aerate. My problem, The only method I have is shaking and if I shake the jug, its any CO2 that has been produced or is in solution will cuase it to foam like crazy out the top of the jug. Any suggestions?

this message board freaking sucks......I have posted several questions about different subjects and never get any responses from anyone.......time to move on with this crappy board

What are you talking about?

I went through your old posts, every question you asked except one (on mead) was answered thoroughly, usually by several of us.

There are a lot more beermakers than meadmakers on this board, what can I say?

buckeyemike75 said:
this message board freaking sucks......I have posted several questions about different subjects and never get any responses from anyone.......time to move on with this crappy board

I'd say "Bite Us", but I really should'nt speak for the many fine people here who post time and time again trying to help guys with the same problems over and over again. But I can't speak for them. :mad:

Back