noob question, should i get a grain basket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyboy72

Reaction score
Got home brew starter kit for Christmas and I want to go AG for my first brew (IPA). I've made a made a couple of partial mash brews at a local u-brew and they use a grain basket/giant colander to steep the grain. Wouldn't that be useful for an AG brew, instead of a converted cooler to steep the grains? Again, noob question...I'm still reading Palmer's book How to Brew...Cheers!

Got home brew starter kit for Christmas and I want to go AG for my first brew (IPA). I've made a made a couple of partial mash brews at a local u-brew and they use a grain basket/giant colander to steep the grain. Wouldn't that be useful for an AG brew, instead of a converted cooler to steep the grains? Again, noob question...I'm still reading Palmer's book How to Brew...Cheers!

Wow! Jumping in with both feet! Well, if your kettle is big enough, check out the BIAB threads here on HBT. Lots of really good info for all grain brewing in a bag. Good luck in your brewing adventure....

Back