Noob C-Brite/B-Brite question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bethlehembrewer

Reaction score
I am curious how long you should let things sit in C-brite/B-Brite for them to become sanatized? I know they are not instant, and I am new to homebrewing. Knowing this info would help me not mess up batches :confused:

Sorry if this question was asked before, I looked and didnt see anything.

Thanks!

How do you delete messages now days?

Am I no longer able to delete a message because I'm no longer paying money to be a supporter?

TheJadedDog said:
Personally I'd stop using the C-brite and B-brite for sanitizing and switch to Iodophor or Star-San. C- and B-brite are really meant as cleaners and not sanitizers.

That's what I thought and originally posted. But then I did an internet search and found that there is a B-brite and C-brite that are sanitizers.

So then there is one for cleaning and one for sanitizing? I had originally thought they were sanitizing, but then again I am a noob.

bethlehembrewer said:
So then there is one for cleaning and one for sanitizing? I had originally thought they were sanitizing, but then again I am a noob.

They do market them as sanitizers, and they are capable of sanitizing. The problem is they take longer (up to 30 minutes) while SanStan/Iodophor takes 30 seconds. So they fall into the "sorta" catagory.

abracadabra said:
How do you delete messages now days?

Am I no longer able to delete a message because I'm no longer paying money to be a supporter?

I'm not sure, to be honest, how you would delete. (I get different options as a mod, so I can't see your options). You can PM a mod, though, and we'd be glad to do it for you.

Back