Non alcoholic mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meaderbaker

Reaction score
Did a quick search and didn't seem to turn anything up. Has anyone tried this?
My reasoning is my nephew. He likes to Mimic the adults with things like non alc sparkling ciders. He lives in Niagara falls area so trips to the wineries are quite frequent in the summer. So I would like to make something for him and see what he thinks.
I'm thinking either 1/2 or 1 gallon batch.

Thanks

Well, the yeast is what converts the sugar to alcohol, so kind of. However, since it converts the sugar (in the honey), your non-alcoholic beverage should contain very little honey to start with, since it's not going to be converted.

I don't know how well it would work for meads, but these articles are helpful for folks making N/a beers.

Brew A Great Non-Alcoholic Beer.

Tastes Great! Less Alcohol!

Thanks for the articles I will check them out after work.
As for sugar content that makes sense. I will try to keep it around the same sugar levels of most juices.
If I do a JAOM style n/a mead I think I will steep the spices with the water and honey then let it cool and bottle. Then sweeten to taste if necessary.

My dad used to find a soda that was similar in color to what the adults drank, wet and remove the labels and tell the kids they were getting the special brerw the adults couldn't have. Worked EVERY time!:D

Back