Non alcoholic home brew

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Vectt

Reaction score
Hey gang, don't kill me, but I'm new brewer and a buddy wanted to know if NA brewing is an
Option. What's out there and has anyone made NA home brew ?

Thanks !

daksin

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
So, brewing by its definition makes alcohol. People that have attempted it in the past typically start with a low alcohol recipe, and then evaporate off a portion of the alcohol (often in the oven). There's a lot of debate about the efficacy of this method, as well as how much the alcohol-removal process affects flavor (certainly aroma is pretty much ruined). In my personal opinion, I take the same stance as on gluten-free beer: try to make something tasty that wasn't supposed to have alcohol in it. I make mead for my gluten-intolerant friends, and would consider doing a soda or something else for my NA friends.

agentEhrman

Reaction score
Hey gang, don't kill me, but I'm new brewer and a buddy wanted to know if NA brewing is an
Option. What's out there and has anyone made NA home brew ?

Thanks !

Ohh jeez, you are a brave one! :D

While I can't give you any advice on the subject, welcome to the forums!
Here is just one of the posts that comes up after a quick search, you should be able to find what you're looking for if you use the search engine. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f13/creating-na-how-i-neutered-my-beer-39433/

:mug:

bleme

Reaction score
I saw a thread maybe 5 months ago about a recipe that was really low alcohol, like .5%, which is generally served to kids in Europe. If I wasn't on my phone I'd search for you.

OP
Vectt

Vectt

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your replies and suggestions to my risky question. It was very much appreciated.