No Trub in Kettle hmm...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vindee

Reaction score
Now that my first beer making session is under my belt, I got to thinking why I didn't have any tub in the bottom of my boil kettle after the boil. It was all in suspension I guess. This was an all grain Hefeweizen. I only have around an inch in the bottom of the primary so I don't think that is to far out of the relm of things, but I thought I would have some after the boil.
Did I do something wrong here?
Thanks
Steve

Goose,
Hop additions were .3oz at 60 min, .75 at 15 min and .5oz at 1 min and the hops were in muslin bags.
Thanks

I chilled with my dual coil chiller down to 85 deg in about 10 or 12 minutes and drained off to carboy through ball valve near the bottom of the pot. Didn't see anything unusual when I first cracked the valve open either. Cooled an aditional 10 degrees during the transfer to carboy.
Hope this is enough information.
Steve

You put the small amout of hops in a sock, so pretty much you would not have much trub unless you had some other adjunts.

RDWHAHB

It's been in the fermentor since Saturday the 5th and I used a stainless sieve to filter through into the primary. Did get a little build up in the sieve.
So maybe I was expecting to see something that shouldn't have been there in the first place?
Thanks for the input
Steve

Back