NO Snow Brewing!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its 50ish in southeast Wisconsin. Close to 70 two weeks ago. Of course, the one day I decided to brew, it was 20F.

I put down a fall last-of-the year application of Milorganite then moved the lawnmower to the back of the garage and brought the snowblower to the front.

I may have to mow the lawn soon.

We will be brewing New Year's Eve and it's supposed to be in the 50's! Woo Hoo! So when I read the title I thought somebody has brewed with melted snow until I started reading the thread. So, has anybody brewed with melted snow?

Happy brew day to u hope it turns out Awsome

Went great!!! Brewed up a Chocolate Mint Stout I like to call Mariners Mistress. Hit all my numbers and I was done and all cleaned up in 5 hrs. Now I can kick back and wait a week before I add the mint! I'm hoping to have this kegged/bottled in 14 days-ish.

Brewed a couple weeks ago when it was 37 outside. No garage, so I brew on the deck, at the mercy of Mother Nature. Thankfully, it was a windless day (a rarity in South Dakota this time of year). I was pleasantly surprise that my mash held temp just fine and really pleasantly surprised at how efficiently my wort chiller works when the groundwater isn't at summer temps.

Back