No patience!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverend JC

2500 gallons year to date
Reaction score
Ok, my Cheese Clone was transfered thursday Nov 30th. My OG was 1.056 and my SG when racking to secondary was 1.01.

Do you think i would be doing harm if i transfered to a keg this weekend?

Or should i wait the full two weeks?

It was just so damn tasty when i sampled it I do not really want to wait!

I know, I Know, save the lectures on the importance of patience in a home brewer!

KEG! KEG! KEG! KEG! KEG! KEG!

The final question: If it tastes good now, why wait?

If it's still green, open some windows.:eek:

It's your beer. You can drink it now, you don't even have to carbonate it. Hell, you can bathe in it if you want. Because...it's yours.

If it tastes good now, and you don't think it'll improve, then bite the bullet. Secondary isn't necessary. On the other hand, you may be selling it short...while it may be really good now, a few weeks in secondary might make it much better. But who knows? My Honey Ginger Winter Warmer tasted freakin' awesome when I racked it to secondary, and I could have bottled it then and been drinking it by now...but I thought, you know, I'm gonna lager this thing for awhile. So I did, and it turned a great beer into an even better beer. So, I guess, it's just a question of whether you think it can be improved past its current yummy state.

Damn you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, im sure it will get better with age. most all home brews do!

My problem is the tainted pilsner i threw out would have been drinkable right now and there would be no problem, but i am about to float my IPA keg!!!!!! then i will be out of tasty home brew for a couple weeks, other than my session ones the hefe and the porter.

And when you get to the last one you realize that they taste sooooo good that you wish you had kept more to drink when they were at their prime.

At least that has been my experience.

Back