No Mas Sleep

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
My son was born yesterday morning! Water broke at 10:30 Sunday night so we went to the hospital. Contractions started at 7:00AM and he came out at 11:30AM. Wife did an awesome job, managed to get through without any pain meds though any longer she probably would have opted for them. Just focused on breathing techniques we practiced and he came down the schlitterbaun.

Jackson

jack.jpg

Awesome! He's looking really good. What are his stats? Length, weight, Apgar score, favorite styles....

Congrats. Both my kids were late evening starts that did not finishe till mid morning the next day. I know the feeling.

What's his name?

Hallertau?

Warrior?

Spalt?

Magnum?

Vanguard?

Willamette?

Maris?

Victory?

Torrified?

Mel...anoiden?

Windsor?

Nottingham?

Anheuser?

Congrats, Tx! If it makes you feel any better, I just had two-year-old triplets in my house for the last three nights. Having two kids is like a quiet pint, compared to that. :)

TL

WooHoo! Fun times! Although I always remember the sleep ok until a few months in because they sleep so much themselves.

For Cassie, sleep was tough because we had to give her medicine four times a day for her heart until she was a year old. It seemed to take her a while to go to sleep at night, but that never bothered me too much, those were the times that we really bonded. I'm the least romantic guy on the planet, but I told my wife that it was like falling in love for the first time, every night, when I'd sing her to sleep and I'd see her drift down.

Here's my tip for you; go find some GOOD music that you can sing as a lullaby, so that you don't drive yourself batty with baby songs. Tom Waits saved my sanity.

Congrats Tx!! Don't worry, it's only another 18 years before he goes to college and you can sleep again. BTW, Since you're in Texas, shouldn't it be Amarillo?

Progressing great ... 1 month old ..

jack.jpg

What a cutie pie! You guys are so lucky.

My best to you and yours! And thanks for the pic...I love updates!

He's starting to smile when we smile now. Been holding up his head for past week or two and making little cooing sounds.

jack.jpg

He's scoping out the backyard there. We have a huge sliding glass door with large windows on both sides. You can kind of see it in the reflection of the Dali print.

Back