Help Support Homebrew Talk:

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My son was born yesterday morning! Water broke at 10:30 Sunday night so we went to the hospital. Contractions started at 7:00AM and he came out at 11:30AM. Wife did an awesome job, managed to get through without any pain meds though any longer she probably would have opted for them. Just focused on breathing techniques we practiced and he came down the schlitterbaun.

Jackson

jack.jpg

Fingers

Reaction score
Awesome! He's looking really good. What are his stats? Length, weight, Apgar score, favorite styles....

EdWort

Reaction score
Congrats. Both my kids were late evening starts that did not finishe till mid morning the next day. I know the feeling.

What's his name?

Hallertau?

Warrior?

Spalt?

Magnum?

Vanguard?

Willamette?

Maris?

Victory?

Torrified?

Mel...anoiden?

Windsor?

Nottingham?

Anheuser?

EricK The Red

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and smash 80% of your most beloved posessions with a 9 iron, at least you'll have the satisfaction of breaking them yourself. :D

Congrats! Is this your first?

TexLaw

Here's Lookin' Atcha!
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats, Tx! If it makes you feel any better, I just had two-year-old triplets in my house for the last three nights. Having two kids is like a quiet pint, compared to that. :)

TL

zoebisch01

Reaction score
WooHoo! Fun times! Although I always remember the sleep ok until a few months in because they sleep so much themselves.

the_bird

10th-Level Beer Nerd
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
For Cassie, sleep was tough because we had to give her medicine four times a day for her heart until she was a year old. It seemed to take her a while to go to sleep at night, but that never bothered me too much, those were the times that we really bonded. I'm the least romantic guy on the planet, but I told my wife that it was like falling in love for the first time, every night, when I'd sing her to sleep and I'd see her drift down.

Here's my tip for you; go find some GOOD music that you can sing as a lullaby, so that you don't drive yourself batty with baby songs. Tom Waits saved my sanity.

Brewing Clamper

Reaction score
Congrats Tx!! Don't worry, it's only another 18 years before he goes to college and you can sleep again. BTW, Since you're in Texas, shouldn't it be Amarillo?

Bedlam

Reaction score
What a cutie pie! You guys are so lucky.

My best to you and yours! And thanks for the pic...I love updates!

OP
OP
TxBrew

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
He's starting to smile when we smile now. Been holding up his head for past week or two and making little cooing sounds.

jack.jpg

EdWort

Reaction score
Congrats! Cute little guy.

If you listen carefully, those cooing sounds are him saying

"Coorssucks" :D

OP
OP
TxBrew

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
He's scoping out the backyard there. We have a huge sliding glass door with large windows on both sides. You can kind of see it in the reflection of the Dali print.