No krausen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eli_Crow

Reaction score
So two days ago i brewed a batch of beer and i checked on it and there's no krasen on top. Can this be normal safale us-05

Some that use US-05 have nothing but extremely active fermentation but I've had the opposite, mild and steady. My recent pumpkin ale took over 24 hours before the airlock started bubbling and the krausen was very small where as most yeasts I use produce high Krausens. I've done a few other beers with US05 with the same results, very minimal krausens, more like a constant thin foam on top. In my personal opinion it's normal. There are also many threads across many forums with people asking about US05 and slow starts or minimal krausen. If you rehydrated properly and aerated well I wouldn't worry too much about it so long as you continue to see a foam layer on top and the airlock bubbles. Again, this is my opinion, others have had different experiences with it.

Rev.

Latest posts

Back