No Airlock activity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcw203

Reaction score
I did a partial mash three nights ago and pitched wyeast 1010 American wheat. I had an o.g, of 1.050. I did everything normal and shook for almost 7 minutes to aerate my wort. Now I have no airlock activity and I did wait three days now. Any suggestions maybe wait a few days and get some new yeast? Or am I just screwed,

1.050 as of three days later. Also just got home from work and still no airlock activity and yes I have vodka in it.

I'd get some more yeast, make a small (~500ml) starter, and pitch the whole thing once you see a good krausen.

Push down on your lid and see if you can force bubbling. If not your seal isn't 100%

How are you taking your reading and are you sure your hydrometer is not bottoming out in your test jar, I've seen it before, not insulting your intelligence:)

If still no change in your reading then re-pitch, the bubbling may not be an issue as stated you may have a bad seal.

I did a partial mash three nights ago and pitched wyeast 1010 American wheat. I had an o.g, of 1.050. I did everything normal and shook for almost 7 minutes to aerate my wort. Now I have no airlock activity and I did wait three days now. Any suggestions maybe wait a few days and get some new yeast? Or am I just screwed,

Are you using a carboy or a bucket fermenter? If it's a bucket you may have a poor seal around the lid.

Is there any sign of krausen activity? If so, you're good.

Back