No airlock activity @48 hours

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris19delta

Reaction score
Im sitting at 48 hours since yeast was added and still no activity if i dont see anything by tomorrow should I re-pitch?

Airlocks don't always bubble. Your yeast might be going just fine. Take a hydro reading before doing anything.

I'm sure Revvy's around here somewhere...

Its sitting at 1051 down slightly from my OG of 1.053
001-2.jpg

smells the same as when i put it in the bucket

Just let it ride, dont open for another day.

In the future try a starter -- I made my first this batch and I'm already fermenting away after 4 hours or so

I re-hydrated the yeast in warm water (cooled from boiling) and spooned some wort in about an hour before I pitched it and saw it moving around abit.

Attenuation's at 70%. Might be done, (depending on yeast and recipe) but let it sit for a couple more weeks at least.

brewers best robust porter kit i dont remember off the top of my head what yeast it was, dont have the empty baggie any more and none of the info online says what the yeast is

Looks like its doing something now, the center piece of the airlock is floating off the post

I'm approaching 48hrs and my bubbling has slowed considerably but hasn't stopped. I only check once or twice a day. I don't want to hover over it. Or atleast try not to lol. Though I don't know when but my temp climbed to 72 deg at some point. It usually has been hovering around 66 - 70F So that has me a tad worried. Who knows what I'll make beer or a crap load of vinegar.

Back