Nitro question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdwj

Reaction score
Is there an economical way to blend C02 and Nitrogen from separate tanks? The pre-mixed beer gas blend is much more expensive than getting the gasses individually. I see that Micromatic has a blender, but they run $600 plus.

i don't think there is really any good way to do this consistently and cheaply. beergas is only a bit more expensive. i pay 25 for a swap for 80 cf tank. the co2 fill would be about 15, and i don't know about the nitrogen swap price.

the only thing i can think of is to get a tank of each, set the regulator of the co2 to a third of the nitrogen pressure, connect the outputs of both regulators to a tee and then have the one output from there go to your destination(s). BUT - i don't know if this is really how you can get a 75/25 mix, and if this would work with gasses. someone else more wise on compressed gasses and physics can tell you more.

Latest posts

Back