Nitro faucet question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a nitro tap and the push back only looks to about 15 degree or so. You may not need to bring it out at all. I looked at mine and the shank is a bit longer than the one you are purchasing but mine comes no where near the threads. I think as long as you don't put to long of a tap handle on it you will be ok.
With a long tap handle it would probably hit the door.
or maybe look around and see if you can find one with a longer shank so it won't be an issue.

Does anyone else wonder how this retailer supposedly has a stainless steel stout faucet that doesn't actually appear anywhere on the Taprite site?

Maybe that's why it looks identical to the chrome model...

Cheers! ;)

Does anyone else wonder how this retailer supposedly has a stainless steel stout faucet that doesn't actually appear anywhere on the Taprite site?

Maybe that's why it looks identical to the chrome model...

Cheers! ;)

You think? If you read the page it claims that it is guarunteed to be SS. With that being said, anyone have a suggestion for a different faucet?
I do plan on putting a 10" tall tap handle on the faucet.

I have 2 c02 and 2 nitro. My tap handles are about 9 inches tall and it works fine on the push back for me. It certainly could push back further if it didn't hit the fridge, but from what I can tell the push back isn't really different then the pull forward. It's merely restricted by how far it can go. So you could always just temper a pull forward to mimic the push back if you needed to.

In any event, the two big things I will recommend on nitro are don't use c02 to carb what you put in the keg and the right glass. You want nitro for the cool cascade and sort of flat + cream head right? So what I do for my stouts/scottish/darks on nitro is make sure they sit in secondary for a long time and get very flat. Once I keg and put it on tap I put it to 20 psi on nitro, let it chill for a few hours and then pull some off. If I like how it looks, I'm good. If it's way too much head I'll shut off the air line and try and degass it. If it's wayyyy to flat maybe I'll put it to 30 or 40 for day.

The right glass for best pours for me is the typical Guinness glass. A regular bar glass works, but the proper Guinness glass once the psi is set is just so pretty.

Smart move going to nitro!

You think? If you read the page it claims that it is guarunteed to be SS.

I know that the author of the site has plausible deniability going for him ;)

With that being said, anyone have a suggestion for a different faucet? I do plan on putting a 10" tall tap handle on the faucet.

I bought a stainless steel stout faucet (with a plastic spout) that actually is sold by Micromatic. It's a beast, but I'm on my third keg with it and I love the darned thing.

I never use the push-back as it doesn't seem to pour any differently than pulling. I carb to around 1.8 volumes on straight CO2, then dispense with 75/25 beergas at 30psi, usually into a tulip.

A kick ass chocolate stout is truly the dessert of beers...

Cheers!

choc_stout.jpg

Awesome! That is the one I actually ended up going with. Same price but guaranteed to be quality. I just got it today and the plastic spout is actually cracked at the bottom. WTH! I really wish it was stainless steel. That being said, I can't wait for some delicious nitro stouts!

I know that the author of the site has plausible deniability going for him ;)

I bought a stainless steel stout faucet (with a plastic spout) that actually is sold by Micromatic. It's a beast, but I'm on my third keg with it and I love the darned thing.

I never use the push-back as it doesn't seem to pour any differently than pulling. I carb to around 1.8 volumes on straight CO2, then dispense with 75/25 beergas at 30psi, usually into a tulip.

A kick ass chocolate stout is truly the dessert of beers...

Cheers!
Do you use the same length of tubing for your nitro tap as you do for your regular taps?

Do you use the same length of tubing for your nitro tap as you do for your regular taps?

Yup, it's the same 12' run as the other five. Seems to pour just right at 30psi, but I bet if I cut the line down it might pour just as nicely at 25psi or even lower.

But that's speculation on my part, and as it does work so well I'm inclined to leave well enough alone ;)

Cheers!

Back