nitro cold brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisbrewbeers

Reaction score
I made 5 gallons cold brew and recently got out up with a stout faucet and nitrogen. Does this work the same way as co2 and beer? I have it set at 50 psi and tried shaking it some but coffee backed up some into the gas line. I cleared it and am just letting it sit. It did not bubble like co2 does with beer?

I made 5 gallons cold brew and recently got out up with a stout faucet and nitrogen. Does this work the same way as co2 and beer? I have it set at 50 psi and tried shaking it some but coffee backed up some into the gas line. I cleared it and am just letting it sit. It did not bubble like co2 does with beer?

It takes a while for the nitrogen to go into solution. I bought one of the replacement corny lids with three posts with a carbonation stone at the bottom of the extra gas post on a hose. With it I put in the coffee, hook the nitrogen up at 5 psi, purge out any air and then raise the pressure 5 psi every 5 minutes until I get to 42 psi (what I serve at). It is ready to go by the next morning.

It takes a while for the nitrogen to go into solution. I bought one of the replacement corny lids with three posts with a carbonation stone at the bottom of the extra gas post on a hose. With it I put in the coffee, hook the nitrogen up at 5 psi, purge out any air and then raise the pressure 5 psi every 5 minutes until I get to 42 psi (what I serve at). It is ready to go by the next morning.

I do the same, except I put a carbonation stone on 1/4” tubing and attached it to the regulator gas dip tube inside the keg, with enough tubing to reach the bottom. Only because I already had a few stones on hand. I do the same with my seltzer keg and CO2

So to admit a stupid thing.... I spent $$ on an infuser before I realized my regulator had a leak so I’m happy with it but still if not for that leak I didn’t find in a new regulator.....

Always check everything is the lesson

Back