NIght Brews?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ardonthorn5

Reaction score
Anyone out there do many brews after the sun dips? I'm considering trying to hammer a wheat wine out after the 9 p.m. hour easter time. just interested in your stories.

I always brew at night. With a 2 year old and a 5 month old at home, doing anything but watch sponge bob and making grilled cheese sandwiches isn't allowed.

timrox1212 said:
I always brew at night. With a 2 year old and a 5 month old at home, doing anything but watch sponge bob and making grilled cheese sandwiches isn't allowed.

I've got a 4 y/o, 3 y/o, and 3 month old... I still manage to brew 2 times per month (10 gallons per brew day) by starting at 4-5... AM.

I've got two young'ns and can typically get one or two brew days a month. My wife is a night nurse and that makes scheduling a brew day hard. Night brewing is sweet though.

Save yourself some time. Take smaller moments leading up to brew day to get your game plan, cleaning, **** together, etc done.

The key to night brewing for me is to avoid drinking beer until the boil starts. If you have limited time to brew don't F it up by F'n it up.

gotsumbeers said:
Save yourself some time. Take smaller moments leading up to brew day to get your game plan, cleaning, **** together, etc done.

While I prefer waking up early to going to bed late, this right here is what saves me so much time. The night prior to brewing, I get all my water ready mill all my grains, and set everything up. When I awake, I simply turn the burner on and I'm off to the races. 5 hours and I'm done, including clean up!

While I prefer waking up early to going to bed late, this right here is what saves me so much time. The night prior to brewing, I get all my water ready mill all my grains, and set everything up. When I awake, I simply turn the burner on and I'm off to the races. 5 hours and I'm done, including clean up!

Same here, Also staying in bed till 7 AM is sleeping in for me.

Another ninja dad night brewer chiming in.

Otherwise I'd never do it. I'd have to go to bed about two hours before dinner.

In the middle of a brew right now! Been working on the soccer field all day so bit of tv, brew is on, and pizza on the way! :mug:

Another dad here, do almost all of my brewing after kiddo goes to bed. All extract though and I try to do two batches at once (two burners). Key for me is to have 3 propane tanks in case I kick one during a brew session. Still makes for a late night.

Back