NHL Tribute beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewratt

Reaction score
There's a thread in the Extract forum about a really RED beer for a New Jersey Devils fan. Made me wonder, what would the perfect tribute beer be for our favorite Hockey teams? I'm going to think about it for a little, but what do you guys think?

Fermenting: Razor Wit
Bottling: Matanuska Wildberry
Drinking: As American As... Ale

Wild-Beary Sahti (Finnish Ale Infused with Organic Boundary Waters Canoe Area (BWCA) Raspberries) - Minnesota Wild

Colorado Avalanche: Rich dark Dunkelweizen, call it "Rocky Mountain Sunset"
Boston Bruins: Needs to be two actually, A dry Stout with a high SRM and a Golden Boston Lager, call the classic B&T a Black & Gold
Toronto Maple Leaves: English Nut Brown Ale with pure Maple Syrup, name it "Arena Ale"
And finally, while they're not an NHL team, I started the post so I'll break away from the big boys
Alaska Aces: A Witbier made with paper birch syrup and berries instead of oranges, call it "Grizzly Bier"

For the Edmonton Oilers: The thickest, darkest stout you can brew (perhaps with a lot of oatmeal for that thick mouthfeel). You could call it "Dead Dinosaur Stout".

For the Calgary Flames: Bud Light....

Buffalo Sabres warm and flat Michelob Ultra. I wouldn't waste my time making a beer in their honor right now.
Back in the day, I'd have done a Hasek Hefe
Great topic!

Hey now! no need to get snarky... we can respect our rivals here, it's a safe place.... Red Wings: Warm PBR

And yeah, the Oilers should have a nice rich Oatmeal Stout or an Imperial Porter

What Ever I would brew for the Preds. I'd have to put it in a bottle with no neck in honor of Barry Trotz.

Washington Capitals: Dry Apple Cider

The perfect recipe for this team would start off tasting amazing, but finish weak and ultimately disappoint no matter how many years you age it.

Washington Capitals: Dry Apple Cider

The perfect recipe for this team would start off tasting amazing, but finish weak and ultimately disappoint no matter how many years you age it.

just peed my pants a little

copyright1997 said:
The penguins beer would be brewed with different ingredients every time, but will still be kick ass each time. :)

Sure but when you use the best ingredients from other team beers they'll just sit on the counters and waste your money.

Fermenting: Razor Wit
Bottling: Matanuska Wildberry
Drinking: As American As... Ale

How about some beer with a grist containing 5 different malts. It could be representative of the NHL's popularity of pro sports since MLS became #3 (about time, too)

I kid, I kid. I'm a fan of the NHL, specifically the Rangers since my whole family is from New York and there's no way I'd cheer for Buffalo or that other NY team I won't mention....

A good Rangers themed one would be "Blue Shirts Bitter"

Back