NHC banquet worth an extra $40?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erw128

Reaction score
This is going to be my first NHC and I am real pumped about it. I am trying to figure out which ticket package to get and was wondering if the banquet is worth the extra $40 to attend. I actually just finished listening to the live coverage from last years conference (BN army for life!) and it sounded like a blast. Do they serve food? Just hoping some NHC veterans could weigh in on the topic and any other advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Well, the banquet is nice. Is it worth $40? No, not really. EXCEPT- many of us sit together and have a great time. Otherwise, you could have dinner out, or in the hotel dining room I guess.

I think this year's dinner is being done by the "homebrew chef" again this year. I dont' see that on the website, but someone told me that, I believe.

ok, so 1-1. really, doesn't matter now, i just purchased the banquet tix, but still curious if others have any opinions......or noobie NHC cherry-poppin advice

It's not that I think the meal is all that amazing. It's not. However, it's an extension of the conference where everyone gets to hang out one more time.... and drink!

Advice? Pace yourself. Don't get so hungover that you can't enjoy the seminars in the morning.

It's not that I think the meal is all that amazing. It's not. However, it's an extension of the conference where everyone gets to hang out one more time.... and drink!

Yeah, that's what I meant only I didn't say it as eloquently as Bobby.

The meal is typical banquet fare- nice, but since they are serving hundreds of people, it can be a bit dry or cold by the time you get yours. It's not bad by any means, but I can probably get a better meal for $40 in Minneapolis. The beer pairing is nice, and it's fun hanging with other brewers.

Since I'm not in a homebrew club (except for HBT), I will be attending alone. I'm sure that I'll still find nice people to sit with and talk with during the dinner, though!

Incidently, I signed up for the Wednesday brewery tours, and for the Wednesday night Pub Crawl. Anybody else doing that?

Sean Paxton is doing the dinner again (I think) and last years was the best hotel food I have ever had. And really, $40 is worth hanging with your buddies drinking good beer and cheering for the winners. And if you have a beer in the second round, its a no-brainer :)

Back