Nhc 2012

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmasterorr

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Heading to Seattle on Wednesday for my first NHC. Looking forward to it. Who else is going? For those that have been before what are the must do's?

I talked my wife into going because its in Seattle. Any locals have some good recommendations or must do's for her and my 22 month old son?

woodland park zoo
pike place market (not at night)
safeco field- mariners game (they are terrible but a great ball park)
the ballard locks- son might dig the boats
pacific science center- lots of great kid stuff
children's museum at seattle center
the space needle
westlake center... for the wife
waterfront... gotta see ye ol curiousity shop!
a walk around green lake- if the weather is nice

stay out of pioneer square after dark...
get a cab.. parking is ridiculous... thanks to the mayor...

take a ride on a ferry- cheap just to ride it to bremerton and back... great views of the mountains and puget sound (if it is clear)

have fun...

I get in on Wednesday but will be doing some activities with the family since I wont be around much when everything starts. I am really looking forward to meeting a bunch of new people and fellow home brewers.

I'll be heading out tomorrow night. My first NHC so I'm pretty amped. Also staying in the area for a week or so afterwards. So I too am looking for things to do around the city.

This is definitely a very good list, but I would say the son would probably dig: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fremont_Troll
Fremont has a cool little shoping area as well.

Broadway up on Capital hill is alway interesting for people watching.

woodland park zoo
pike place market (not at night)
safeco field- mariners game (they are terrible but a great ball park)
the ballard locks- son might dig the boats
pacific science center- lots of great kid stuff
children's museum at seattle center
the space needle
westlake center... for the wife
waterfront... gotta see ye ol curiousity shop!
a walk around green lake- if the weather is nice

stay out of pioneer square after dark...
get a cab.. parking is ridiculous... thanks to the mayor...

take a ride on a ferry- cheap just to ride it to bremerton and back... great views of the mountains and puget sound (if it is clear)

have fun...

Myself and fellow homebrewer are driving over from Eastern Washington Thursday morning. I would have liked to have made the Naked city party, but time-money-etc...

Latest posts

Back