NFL Playoffs (1/12 - 1/13)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is a home team going to lose this weekend?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

user 574

Dirty blonde
Reaction score
I've been crazy/busy and I guess everyone else has. Where's all the smack on the playoffs this weekend? I'll kick it off with a poll. :)

I think some home team is going down. Just hoping its not the Pack.

Seahawks over Packers.

Too many OT losses the last few years in the playoffs for the Hawks. Its time they pull out a playoff road win and the Packers are vulnerable in the playoffs at home.

Its going to be tough, but I think the Hawks pull it off if the Hawks D actually shows up for the game as they did last week.

I put this in a previous thread, but I believe that the Jaguars have a very good chance of upsetting the Patriots.

It wouldn't surprise me much to see the Giants beat Dallas, but I expect Romo to pull a last minute miracle out of his arse like he always seems to.

Packers win. Farve wills it to happen.

Colts win. Rivers is just too inconsistent for the Chargers to beat the Colts, especially if Harrison is back.

The two best teams in each conference (Pats/Colt and Pack/'Boys) are, I believe, head-and-shoulders better than the teams they are facing. The Jags would scare me more if I thought Garrard could make some plays downfield. A well-coached team can always take away at least one thing that the other guys do well; you can always take away the run OR the pass, not always both. Belichick will bring Rodney up to the line of scrimmage and take away the run game, or at least limit the damage. You know the Pats will put points on the board; they'll be aggressive early and try and force Jacksonville to play catch-up (not their forte). Asante's pretty much a shut-down corner at this point, so that's not going to leave Garrard too many places to put the ball.

The Colts are good - damn good - and I ain't betting on a Norv Turner team (especially one with an above-average number of hotheads) in the playoffs. If Gates is out, they're in even worse shape.

I'm hoping all the home teams win personally. I bet the NFL does as well as they couldn't script it up any better than Pack vs Boys and Colts vs Pats for ratings.

I can't for the life of me see the upset coming at Indy though.

hahaha.

Yeah, made it easier to dissaccociate during the Leaf/Humphries years.
lol

I'm actually a fan from the old Air Coryell days.

jvh261 said:
Seahawks over Packers.

the Packers are vulnerable in the playoffs at home.

In the 80+ years of Packer history, they have lost two, count'em, two, home playoff games.

That said, I'm still taking nothing for granted.

RICLARK said:
+1 It is all Coming together to give Favre another Ring!!!!!!GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!

What a game :mug:
Good thing they gave them the first two, or it could have been 42 to 6

eat-drink-smiley-7840.gif

SuperiorBrew said:
What a game :mug:
Good thing they gave them the first two, or it could have been 42 to 6

eat-drink-smiley-7840.gif

That was some of the best football Ive seen in along time it was total control after those gimme scores!!!!!!Congrats to my fellow Pack Fans!!!!!!

ollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllo, great avatar!

What a day! I'll tell you guys all about it when I return from my trip.....great story.

BTW...Gints with the upset tomorrow.....and the Colts will ROLL.

That was awesome. Go Giants so we can hopefully break out the tractors next week! :rockin:

That Packer game was awesome. Both my teams won yesterday, today will probably be different. Its been some good football either way :mug:

Well, I missed my pick on the Colts/Charger game. If your defense allows the backup QB and backup RB to make a ~80 yard drive to take the lead in the fourth, I suppose you don't deserve to move on.

Rick

the_bird said:
The Colts are good - damn good - and I ain't betting on a Norv Turner team (especially one with an above-average number of hotheads) in the playoffs. If Gates is out, they're in even worse shape.
Ah, yee of little faith.:ban:

Latest posts

Back