Next step !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francoeura22

Reaction score
New brewer from Montréal here. I Did 2 batch , first a festa brew and the second one a superbatch from la cachette du bootlegger. So Nom i'm Looking to take the next step. What should i do ?? I need the simpliest recipe to get used to home brewing. Any idea ? Extract Brewing? What do i need ? Thank you !

I guess the first thing I would say about your question regarding "what do I need," is what do you have?

The most basic of things you'll need for an extract batch is a brew kettle, a fermenting vessel, a hydrometer, and something for the hydrometer to sit in (a graduated cylinder). I would also recommend a bottling bucket, an auto siphon, and vinyl tubing to fit said auto siphon.

Also, along with your first ingredients that you buy, pick up some no-rinse sanitizer and some muslin bags for hop additions and steeping grains.

Lastly, visit http://www.howtobrew.com/ or buy the book and start reading. You'll be glad you did!

Back