News Articles on Beer, Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxStout

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Find an interesting article about beer, breweries, beer laws etc.? Post it in this thread, with a link. AFAIK, there isn't another thread like this (I tried some searches), but if this duplicates another one, my apologies.

Proposals for alcohol law reform at the Minnesota Legislature. Yes, we're the only state that still sells 3.2 beer. No higher ABV beer in grocery stores, no wine. And some other glaring issues that need addressing.

Cocktails-to-go became the law in Montana earlier this year to, ostensibly, help restaurants that rely on booze sales to boost their margins during the pandemic. The law is permanent so, if we ever get back to normal, the option of picking up a round of Jack and Cokes at the curb or drive through will remain available.

Almost everything in MT is paid for by property taxes. No sales tax, low income tax so, what little we have in the way of government, is paid for by property owners.

this is general chit chat, or i'd speak further.....

i'm thinking at this rate this thread should be moved to the debate forum...and my last two posts deleted.....

it is about politics. not that talk about the finer point of taxes bugs ME, forum rules say it's off limits......

if it stands, i want to point out. if i'm dead broke, i can always buy less stuff, but i don't want to worry about losing the house TOO!

and the tax on a 50lb sack of barley was 78 cents....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back