Newish 907

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meadow 907

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hail fellow brewers! I'm excited to find this community, thanks for having me. I grew up helping my Mom make all manner of beer and wine and am now starting my own brew legacy. I've made a few batches of mead so far and from what I can tell and the feedback I've gotten they have been pretty good for a newbie.
Tomorrow I start a big girl batch using the things I've learned just by reading the forums here. I am open to any input or advice anyone has. Thanks! BB!

Welcome to HBT and the brewing hobby!

So, what kind of beer are you brewing tomorrow? Do you have a recipe? How many gallons?
What yeast are you using?

Welcome to HBT and the brewing hobby!

So, what kind of beer are you brewing tomorrow? Do you have a recipe? How many gallons?
What yeast are you using?
I'm making salmonberry mead tomorrow. I can't say I'm using a recipe more just measurements for 5 gallons. I'm using K1-V1116 yeast this time. Do you think I should use the whole berry solids or cook them down a bit and just use the juice?

Welcome to the community. If the berries are fresh you need to freeze them to help the pectin break down. And yes you can put it all in there after lightly mashing them up. There are recipes available here for a variety of melomels. Happy brewing.

Latest posts

Back