Newest Sour Ingredient Kit From MoreBeer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jipper

Reaction score
Hey all - just wanted to let people here know that MoreBeer! just come out with our newest kit: Russian River Brewing Co. Consecration.

This kit includes oak chunk(s) from actual Consecration barrels that Vinnie gave us, and we're excited to offer it. It's a rather complex recipe, and as much as we'd like to recommend it to everyone, it's probably our most advanced kit.

Our extract kit can be found here.

Our all-grain kit can be found here.

Cheers!

What comes with it? Malts, currants and the oak cubes? So I need to add the abbey ale yeast, are the "Brett, lacto, and pedio" coming from the oak (viable)?

Hey Stubborn,

Malts, hops, currants, belgian candi syrup, oak chunk(s) (please note that we are including 1-2 pieces of oak, and weights may vary), are all included. The things that need to be purchased with the kit will be 3 different yeasts: Abbey Ale (WLP or Wyeast), Brettanomyces (we recommend either Lambicus or Sour Blend), and a wine yeast for bottle conditioning (we recommend Rockpile, which is the same yeast Vinnie uses).

You may also want to buy Belgian bottles (we have both corkable and cappable) to really do this kit right. I currently have 12 gallons in a barrel, so if anyone has any questions about the process, what to expect, etc please feel free to email me or reply to this post.

[email protected]

Thanks again everyone...please make sure to post your progress!

Cheers!

I just ordered this one but forgot the yeasts (doh!). BethK got that all squared away for me though. This will be my first sour and I'll be sure to post pics once things get all buggy in a few months.

Sounds great! Good luck with the brew and fermentation - let us know if you have any questions or need any help along the way.

Cheers!

Mister,

Thank you for your post. Unfortunately these are not available for individual sale, as they're already limited. We're sorry for any inconvenience, but we need to keep these strictly for the kits.

Mister,

Thank you for your post. Unfortunately these are not available for individual sale, as they're already limited. We're sorry for any inconvenience, but we need to keep these strictly for the kits.

It's MisterTipsy. :drunk:

Thank you.

Hahah - Of course, how could I have left out the most important half of the name!

Cheers.

Back