Newbie with CO2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdauria

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just switched over to a kegging system instead of bottling and just got the CO2 tank this past week so pressure testing the keg finally.

When i turned gas on at 10 psi, it came spewing out the liquid quick disconnect. Is that a normal if you have that connected? Once i took off, it was fine no leaks. Is the issue a faulty QD or do kegs always try to push out but are usually sealed by the tap?

Just to be sure, you had a liquid QD plugged on a keg beer post, a gas QD plugged on the gas post, the lid in place, and you turned on the gas?

If all that is true, then, yes, you can expect gas to shoot out the tailpiece of the liquid QD. What would normally stop that would be the snugly connected beer line and faucet at the far end...

Cheers!

awesome info for yet another rookie...I bought some corny kegs, that had been under pressure to show me they held pressure and they were good.

then, me wanting to see how things worked and were to be used, I plugged in my liquid OUT QD onto my keg, nothing on the gas side and sure enough, PSST!!!! and pop syrup comes screaming out and scares the piss out of me and my cats, LOL!!!!...

then I talked to a buddy and he said as you mentioned...the beer line and the faucet would normally stop that.

good to know...thanks for this post...makes me feel not so alone :D

Back