Newbie question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mptonn

Reaction score
Hey everyone, got a question for you.

Yesterday my wife and I were planning on brewing our first beer. Got everything cleaned and sanitized and laid out to dry. Well things came up that we couldn't brew yesterday. Everything that was sanitized sat out on drying towels on the counter overnight. Do we need to re sanitize everything or will it still be ok?

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

It might be ok, but I would do it again to be sure. I am crazy about sanitizing and haven't had an infected batch yet.

Anything that's going to touch your cooled wort I would re sanitize. The kettle and such will be fine.

That's what I was thinking, but just wanted to be sure. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Just keep a spray bottle with sanitizer and give your utensils a spray a couple minutes before using them.

Home brewing is easy. The one part that is easy to screw up and can cause the most damage is an infection. Sanitation makes or breaks a brew. It's worth giving everything a spay again.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

StarSan in a spray bottle is your best friend when it comes to sanitization.

Clean just after use, sanitize just before use is a pretty darn good rule to follow. You want it to still be wet with StarSan.

Back