Newbie question about my homebrews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daddylawman

Reaction score
So I've brewed 7-8 batches and enjoyed it. I'm not kegging at this time because I want to get some more practice and I don't mind bottling.

But here's my dilemma. I want to be able to enjoy my own beer when I'm out for the day. I can keep the bottles cold in a cooler, but I don't drink out of the bottle - I use a frozen mug at home. Any suggestions on how to pour a beer and keep it cold during the Summer? Are there koozies for solo cups? (ok that might be pushing it)

So I've brewed 7-8 batches and enjoyed it. I'm not kegging at this time because I want to get some more practice and I don't mind bottling.

But here's my dilemma. I want to be able to enjoy my own beer when I'm out for the day. I can keep the bottles cold in a cooler, but I don't drink out of the bottle - I use a frozen mug at home. Any suggestions on how to pour a beer and keep it cold during the Summer? Are there koozies for solo cups? (ok that might be pushing it)

solocupkoozieblk.jpg

Yes. Yes, there is.

EDIT: actually on second thought, the one in the picture looks like a sleeve, not a full koozie. However, I have seen koozies made for exactly this reason.

Unless it's a light summer lager, most homebrew actually tastes better around 45-50F. Too cold and you won't get all the yummy flavors and aromas. In the UK, they drink it at room temp. In other words, embrace the warmth .... or use a cozy.

Unless it's a light summer lager, most homebrew actually tastes better around 45-50F. Too cold and you won't get all the yummy flavors and aromas. In the UK, they drink it at room temp. In other words, embrace the warmth .... or use a cozy.

*Cellar temp* not room temp.

Regardless, he is correct that most styles are enjoyed between 40 and 50 degrees. The cold dulls your taste buds to all the intricate flavors present.

I'd just keep your bottles in a cooler, upright, with ice. Pour it into a cup and enjoy. As others have said, once it warms a little the beer will just get better. The main issue might be keeping them upright so the sediment wont get all stirred up in the beer. I don't mind drinking cloudy beer, as long as I'm not chewing it, but I know some people do mind.
:mug:

Back