Newbie from Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thazo79

Reaction score
Hello there!
I'm a new-to-brewing guy about to brew my first beer.
I have fermented cider before, but I have never made a beer. My first will be a kit of course, because I obviously don't know what I'm doing 100 percent yet.
So first thing to accomplish it I need to try to wrap my head around adapting the kit recipe for the use of the Anvil Foundry, which I got as a gift to inspire me to do beer.
I'm excited and a tad anxious, but looking forward to the adventure.

Welcome to a fellow Texan! I have a Mash and Boil V2, which is much the same thing. I still have my old keggles and burner setup, but I find the M and B to be much easier. Nothing to be anxious about. Just ask questions you have, and if you get 20 replies, you'll get 22 different thoughts on it... lol
There is really no adaptation needed. Main thing you need to do is use some kind of thermometer to dip down into it and see what temps you're really at vs what you're set at. There might be a couple degrees difference in the thermometer reading vs the temp readout.

Welcome to a fellow Texan! I have a Mash and Boil V2, which is much the same thing. I still have my old keggles and burner setup, but I find the M and B to be much easier. Nothing to be anxious about. Just ask questions you have, and if you get 20 replies, you'll get 22 different thoughts on it... lol
There is really no adaptation needed. Main thing you need to do is use some kind of thermometer to dip down into it and see what temps you're really at vs what you're set at. There might be a couple degrees difference in the thermometer reading vs the temp readout.
Ooh thank you for that tip too!

Back