newb need advice on equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misterX

Reaction score
im looking to start brewing beer i was hoping you guys may have advice as to what equipment kits are out that would be good to learn and grow with im on a tight budget and will for sure be adding stuff looking at a 30 qt turkey fryer witch i will also use the burner for distilling whiskey and its 40$ wit aluminum 30qt pot i can always go buy some copper and bend it myself to make a wort chiller but what length and diameter would be best thanks

Conversations about distillation are not allowed on HBT because it is illegal.

To make beer you will need at least a pail/carboy/better bottle with a ported cover/bung and an airlock to ferment in. You will need a racking wand and tubing or an autosiphon to transfer your beer between vessels. You will need a thermometer and hydrometer to check your gravity. You will need a good no rinse sanitizer for sanitizing things after you've cleaned them. you will need a second bucket to bottle out of.

You may want a funnel, a hop sock, a bottling bucket that comes with a spigot, a bottling wand, a stick on thermometer for your fermenter to know what the fermentation temperature is.

Most of the online home brew suppliers have starter equipment kits that will cover all of this for about $90, if you want to invest your time and piece this together from multiple sources, you might be able to save $30-$40

You can start off with extract kits on your stove top and skip the burner and large kettle until you have more funds.

Welcome to HBT :mug:

Back