New Zealand Harvest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellmtbbq

Reaction score
I believe the hop harvest in New Zealand will start up this week and continue for about a month. They'll start arriving in late spring. In under a year of homebrewing I've become totally sold on Kiwi varieties, and I haven't even tried Nelson Sauvin!

As the demand for Kiwi hops keeps to grow, I can't seem to find them by the pound, only by the ounce or 4 oz at Farmhouse. I'd be looking to buy probably 2# of Southern Cross (IMO maybe the best hop on the market), 1# Riwaka, #1 Pacific Gem. Maybe a pound of Rakau.

Thanks

Ah, nelson sauvin are my favorite hops. I keep a house pale on tap at all time that uses them.

i am waiting for a delivery of

1 x Kohatu (NZ) - 100g vacuum packed Alpha Acid 6.8% 2012 Harvest = £4.00
1 x Star San Sanitiser 8 oz = £9.60
1 x Wakatu (NZ) - 100g vacuum packed Alpha Acid 6.7% 2012 Harvest = £4.00
1 x Pacific Jade (NZ) - 100g vacuum packed Alpha Acid 12.5% 2012 Harvest =£3.60
1 x Green Bullet (New Zealand) Alpha Acid 12.7% 2012 Harvest = £3.60
1 x Dr. Rudi (NZ) - 100g vacuum packed Alpha Acid 11.7% 2012 Harvest =£3.80

very exiting, NZ double ipa anyone?

I still have the better part of a pound of NZ hops from when midwest strted selling them on sale. Wakatu,motueka,pacifica,pacific gem,super alpha. Using them in my Hopped & Confused ales so far. I'll be trying them next Friday after some bottles have had their week fridge time.

Nice! I go to NZ every year in June. I usually find myself in Nelson and Motueka and see all of the hop yards. Sometime I want to see them full of bines!

The fresh hop version of Hopwired IPA is awesome. Hopwired was one of the best IPAs I've ever had.

I'll check with US customs on that one! I might have some explaining to do...

I have a friend whose boss is from NZ and visits home frequently...he has brought my homebrewer friend hops back from NZ in the past, so I know it's possible...

I'm just now starting to experiment with NZ hops, and like what I've done so far...I just finished a Neslon Sauvin American Pale SMaSH, and it tastes amazing! I can't wait to get it carbed up and on tap! Sometime in the next few months, I'm going to brew a hopped mead using Nelson, Motueka and Pacific Gem, and I'm thinking a few more SMaSHes are going to be in order, perhaps with Motueka first?

Anyone out there made any SMaSHes with Motueka or other NZ hops? I'm up in the air as to what base malt to use...

Back