New Unitank from SS Brewtech!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stan1007

Reaction score
Just when you thought they couldn't improve on the Brew Master Edition.

https://www.ssbrewtech.com/collections/home-unitanks/products/14-gal-unitank

DSC02924_copy_7d0f4024-0b4f-40b2-8a2b-ec2e2c4080aa_800x.jpg

This should be interesting! Spike Brewing just released their new conical and it is listed at a 15psi working pressure so it can be used as a unitank as well. It's $400 less too! I have a SS brew kettle but seriously considering picking up one of the Spike CF10's.

https://spikebrewing.com/collections/fermenters/products/cf10

I love the Spike products too! IMHO the SSB tank is the better deal when you consider all the accessories that come with it. I'm also considering a Spike kettle since I just had opportunity to put hands on one. Their custom options and pricing put them head and shoulders above the competition.

I love the Spike products too! IMHO the SSB tank is the better deal when you consider all the accessories that come with it. I'm also considering a Spike kettle since I just had opportunity to put hands on one. Their custom options and pricing put them head and shoulders above the competition.

I haven't done the price break down yet if I added the blow off cane and bracing shelf to the Spike unitank however I don't need either of those features. I also plan to use a fermentation chamber so I don't need the chilling coil or jacket. So the $400 savings stays in my wallet! :ban:

I am looking at both of these as well. The SSB comes with many more things standard than the Spike. Everything is an add on for the spike. I like a lot of features on the spike so not sure which direction i will take.

I took the plunge on the SS. I have 3 conical from them and the glycol chiller. I am sure Spike is great too but I have had nothing but positive experiences with SS.

I hope someone writes a review on both!

Been thinking of adding a fermenter myself. Am sceptical of the SS at this point. All the pics they show are NOT of the 14 gallon version, so no telling if it will be identical. I also emailed twice since last week asking for the thickness of the stainless, and pressure rating.......only 1 reply, saying go to the site and check the specs. The specs ONLY say it is 304 stainless, and holds 10 gallons. Will wait it out some to see if I get an answer to my question. Customer service DEFINATELY not a strongpoint with them!

Been thinking of adding a fermenter myself. Am sceptical of the SS at this point. All the pics they show are NOT of the 14 gallon version, so no telling if it will be identical. I also emailed twice since last week asking for the thickness of the stainless, and pressure rating.......only 1 reply, saying go to the site and check the specs. The specs ONLY say it is 304 stainless, and holds 10 gallons. Will wait it out some to see if I get an answer to my question. Customer service DEFINATELY not a strongpoint with them!

The 14 gallon and half bbl are identical. PRV is set to 1.2 Bar.

Back