New Toy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kunstler

Reaction score
So my soon to be father-in-law made me a mini-mash tun (3 gallon - perfect for half batches and mini-mashes) as a random gift. Now I guess I HAVE to go all grain and not just do partial mashes)

Now what should be its madden voyage....Hmmm....I'm thinking a scottish 60/- followed by a porter with some good old fashioned yeast washing with my new to me mason jars that my parents were getting rid of.

How about a beer that needs a mash, so that you couldn't do it before? I guess I'm thinking something like an oatmeal stout. Since the oatmeal needs to be mashed, it's really hard to do an extract oatmeal stout. But it's a very easy first AG or PM!

How about a beer that needs a mash, so that you couldn't do it before? I guess I'm thinking something like an oatmeal stout. Since the oatmeal needs to be mashed, it's really hard to do an extract oatmeal stout. But it's a very easy first AG or PM!
Thats what I am thinking about for my first all grain :D

soon you will be doing all-grain, get your feet wet with steeping grains. You will love all grain.

Back