New to Kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sully1986

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all!! New member here but been reading alot. Got a question.... just kegged my first neipa today, have a brand new kegerator system. Purges oxygen out of my keg, siphoned the beer over and pressurized and purged multiple times. Then final time let sit at 30psi. Left with wife for a little as it sat inside kegerator. Temp is 36F. Came back a few hours later there was zero C02 in tank and regulator said 0. I turned off c02 re adjusted regulator back to 30psi and re hooked line assuming this may be from c02 reaching fridge temp not room temp. Is this normal? Kind of confused as new to kegging. Pic of NEIPA finished. Super excited.

Attachments

• 20210117_114643.jpg
    20210117_114643.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 26
Tank was on. No idea wat happened. Seems to be normal now. But kinda freaking out. On the plus side beer tasted fantastic when i took FG

Quick update overnite. Seems maybe something was randomly wrong, maybe a release valve was stuck slightly open.. not sure. It held at 30 just fine all nite. So seems maybe good to go. Real excited to to try it.

It held at 30 just fine all nite. So seems maybe good to go. Real excited to to try it.

i would be in a panick if i didn't have my tank on a scale.and could see it wasn't leaking. did it hold 30psi with the cylinder shut off? or was that while the tank was open?

Back