New to Kegging. How to disassemble tower/lines?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prjectmayhem

Reaction score
Full disclosure: I am not that handy and bought a kegerator pre made (the KC2000 from kegerator.com) - I just got the single tap tower for now, the wife wouldn't let me have two beer lines, yet. But my question is: How do I take this bit out of the tubing so that I can change out my tubing for longer lines and adjust it for corny-kegs (Ball/lock fittings)? Is this like a cut the tube kind of situation or can I salvage this metal piece (not sure what it's called)?

*Note: the metal casing going around the tubing is not all one piece with the part coming out, but is more of a super strong hose clamp.

Keg_tubes.JPG

The 90° fitting is called a "tail piece"; the hose crimp is single-use and will have to be cut off to replace the tubing...

Cheers!

A dremel with a cut-off wheel comes to mind, but just deep enough not to score the fitting underneath.

Back