New to kegging, connection help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaldwin81

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Summit Kegerator and a new corney keg. I am completely new to this so please excuse my ignorance. The connection from the regulator to the keg and the beer tap to the keg do not seem to be compatible.

I have attached pictures of each. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction so I know what to get to make everything work.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_7703.JPG

IMG_7704.JPG

IMG_7705.JPG

Show us what the connections look like at the regulator and at the tap. You'll have to take the tap out to see it. If they are barbed connections with hose clamps then it's a lot easier to replace. Otherwise you can either cut the connectors off of the hoses (ruining the sankey connectors) and put barbed ball lock connectors on or keep the sankey hoses intact and replace the outputs of the tap and regulator.

EDIT: Having seen some of these kegerators with sankey taps I'll say that the beer line is probably way too short anyway. Make sure if you replace the beer line it's 10' long and 3/16" ID.

Back